Friday, October 24, 2008

Your hair

There is no need for comb to walk around in your hair
Prevent strangers to enter these limits

Don't question me if I come around your quarters days and nights
Because butterflies always go around the candles

Hey! cup-bearer take the wine jar around and bear
So, I be drunk and the tavern go around my head

Your hair is silky smooth and they tell me not to love it
But how can my heart beat without loving it?

"Majnoon" did not go to deserts as much as I do
Love is not a simple thing, only real men can go in this world

Who ever is in love and sees his beloved one with others
Will go to those horrible desert and wilderness

Hey "Vahed" don't waste your life with being slightly
Gnostic is someone who lives wisely

Translator: Goldoon
Poet: Ali Agha Vahed

Original Poem in Turkish:

شانه دولانسین


زولفونده نه لازیم ، گؤزلیم ، شانه دولانسین ؟

قویما او حرمخانه نی بیگانه دولانسین

عیب ایله مه ، کویوندا دولانسام گئجه گوندوز

شمعین گرک اطرافینه پروانه دولانسین

ساقی دولانیم باشینا مئی جامینی گزدیر

سرمست اولوم ، باشیما میخانه دولانسین

اول زولفه کونول وئرمه ، دییرلر منه ال چک

اونسوز نئجه بس بو دل دیوانه دولانسین

مجنون نه برابر منه صحرالره قاچدی

عشق اهلی اودور عرصه ده مردانه دولانسین

اغیار ایله اؤز یارینی همدم گؤرن عاشیق

دوشسون او گرک دشت و بیابانه دولانسین

سرخوش لیق ایله عؤمرونی صرف ائیله مه « واحید »

عارف اونا دییرلر کی ، حکیمانه دولانسین

شاعیر : علی آقا واحد

1 comment:

Mahfam said...

I do believe that the Poem in Turkish is much much much better. The main feeling could be easily sensed in the original one. English one needs thinking and this thinking spoils that nice emotion. I love the main version so much...